Thursday 15 January 2015

#81. Have an 1,000 pound emergency fund

Today is a great day - because I was perusing through my bucket list and I saw number 81 was to have 1,000 pounds as an emergency fund. This is something I've been dreaming about since I had to survive on 10 pounds a week at university for food, and eating the most horrible things - To actually having savings! So without even realising it (as my Level 2 goal was to save 2,000 pounds) - I've already achieved my goal!


BUT! In the interest of fairness... I diiid set out to put £2000 aside... So I guess I'll have to add in a new one underneath haha! I guess this comes into what I was saying about leaving room for change in your bucket list eh? Well I say bring it on -I've made it this far! 1,000 down - 1,000 to go!

On a side note, but also on the same track as things changing, so has my situation! My car share buddy is going to a new job on Monday and I'll have to start getting the train, because it's too expensive to drive just for me (aww :( ). But the good news is, I can now get to work much earlier, and leave earlier (I have flexi hours)- which means more time to go to the gym!

I'm still working out the kinks and timing, but I'm going to go check it all next week. I'm really hoping to start lifting some weights, because I've been reading so many good things about it (check this out if you don't believe me). If this works out, I'll replace my Scuba Diving Challenge (No. 3!) with a fitness challenge. This works too, because all of my goals are pretty money based, and I need something to be working on in the meantime. 

Keep at those goals people! Today is a great day. Feeling good :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment