Thursday 1 January 2015

2015: Reaching Level 2

It's time to start levelling up my life, and what better way to start than at the beginning of a new year! However, this time of year so many people come up with tonnes of new suggestions and resolutions that they wish to keep to, and end up falling by the way-side.. Not this time.


Like many others, I gave up on this blog. This was a mere dream for me when I was 16 years old, that one day I would be able to actually save for, and do things I desperately wanted to achieve in my life. This, today, is where those dreams start finally becoming a reality.


In the footsteps of one of the other blogs I follow called Nerd Fitness (http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/), I'm going to start looking at my life more as one massive video game! And nobody wants to say as a Level One Noob. I've realised now that having a bucket list, it's very hard to focus on 100 things you want to focus on in achieving at any one time... So I'm condensing them into up to 5 things at a time.


All the steps along my journey have gotten me this far, but here's the plan to get my to the next level.

LEVEL TWO

1. SAVE UP AT BUY A GO PRO, SO YOU CAN START FILMING YOUR WAY AROUND THE WORLD 20 XP

2. GET THAT TATTOO WHICH REPRESENTS ALL YOUR HARD WORK AND STRUGGLES SO FAR, AND THE FINAL ACHIEVEMENT AND HONOUR OF EARNING YOUR DEGREE 20 XP

3. SAVE UP FOR AND GO SCUBA DIVING IN ...? (EGYPT, AUSTRAILIA? WHO KNOWS YET!) (STEP ONE, TAKE SCUBA LESSONS!) 20 XP

4. PUT ASIDE £2000 FOR A RAINY DAY FUND, AND START A SAVINGS/INVESTMENT FUND 20 XP

5. GO SKY DIVING (HOPEFULLY SOMEWHERE ABROAD ;) ) 20 XP


I've also decided to help spur me along with my TOP 100 BOOKS and my TOP 200 FILMS list that:

Each classical book counts for +10XP 
Each top film seen counts for + 5XP


Happy New Years From Elyse! What are your New Years Resolutions?


No comments:

Post a Comment